Maureen is the President and CEO of Celtic Consulting, LLC, nationally recognized as a luminary amongst long-term care operators and clinicians for Reimbursement and Regulatory matters, Audits, and Analysis, Enhancing Operational Efficiency, Education, and Litigation Support. Maureen combines clinical expertise with regulatory acuity to assist clients with developing sustainable remediation plans. She is a registered nurse with over two decades of work experience, including direct patient care, MDS Coordinator, Director of Nursing, Rehab Director, and Medicare biller.
Recognized for thought-leadership, Maureen presents to many long-term care associations- the American Health Care Association (AHCA), American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN), and the American College of Health Care Administrators (ACHCA).
Maureen serves on multiple committees and is a sitting member of the Board of Directors for several organizations; her current commitments are:
- Medicare & MDS 3.0 Advisor for several state affiliates,
- Advisor to the Medicare Administrative Contractor (MAC-J13), the Medicare contractor for the National Government Services Provider Advisory Group,
- Secretary /Treasurer for the Board of Directors of the American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN)
- Chair for the Expert Advisory Panel for the American Association of Nurse Assessment Coordination (AANAC),
- Serves on the Clinical Practice Committee and Reimbursement Committee for the American Health Care Association (AHCA), and
- Sits on the Technical Expert Panel (TEP) for the Measurement Gaps and Measure Development Priorities for the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Value-Based Purchasing (VBP) Program, hosted by Acumen Post-Acute Care Quality Reporting Program in collaboration with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Twice served as the President of The Association for Long Term Care Financial Managers (ALTCFM), an association of financial professionals and accounts receivables staff, Medicare; and
- Contributes articles to an industry newsletter released to financial professionals.
Maureen has trained thousands of clinicians, financial professionals, and Administrators. She is Certified as a Master Teacher for Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement processes (QCP-MT), Master Teacher for the Director of Nursing Course (DNS-MT), and Master Teacher of the MDS (RAC-MT), and Master Teacher in Advanced MDS (RAC-MTA), and Medicare Regulations.
She delivers webinar presentations and seminars on topics relevant to long-term care industry organizations. Published in these leading industry journals McKnight’s Long-Term Care News, PPS Alert, and Skilled Nursing News, and authored these books:
- “A SNF’s Guide to Medication Reconciliation and Drug Regimen Review” (2018).
- “5-Star Quality Rating System Technical Users Guide” (2017).
- “Medicare Audits: A Survival Guide for SNF” (2016).
- “ICD-10 Compliance Process Improvement and Maintenance for LTC” (2015).
- “The Long Term Care Compliance Toolkit” (2011).