DNS-CT Certification Live Workshop – 3 day
Date(s) - 01/19/21 - 01/21/21
8:30 am - 4:30 pm
Categories No Categories
Take your leadership and management talents to the next level with and AADNS workshop for Director of Nursing Services—Certified (DNS-CT) certification. Earning this credential validates your expertise, gives you the advantage among your peers, and helps you improve quality, communication, and resident care throughout your facility. You must be a current RN and have the equivalent of two years of full-time long-term or post-acute care experience, with a minimum of one year of experience either as a DNS or relevant nursing leadership experience to qualify. With the DNS-CT credential behind your name, it shows you have the management skills and knowledge needed to master the challenges of being a DNS. The DNS-CT credential is perfect for directors of nursing services, nursing home administrators, vice presidents of clinical services, and other long-term care professionals with management responsibilities.
- Leadership & Management for the Nurse Leader
- Human Resource Management for the Nurse Leader
- Care Management and Surveillance Systems for the Nurse Leader
- Essential Business Skills for the Nurse Leader
- Quality Assurance and Performance Improvement for the Nurse Leader
- Survey Readiness 24/7/365 for the Nurse Leader
- Survey Management and Enforcement for the Nurse Leader
- Compliance and Ethics Essentials for the Nurse Leader
- Risk Management for the Nurse Leader
- MDS and Medicare Process Essentials for the Nurse Leader
- Schedule: January 19-21; 6AM–2:30PM MST daily
- This workshop will be held virtually
- Handouts are provided electronically
- Your workshop registration includes access to the 10 DNS-CT certification exams. To earn the credential, you must be an RN and pass the final exams with a score of 80% or higher. You will have 90 days from the date the exams are launched before they expire.
Nursing Continuing Education Hours
The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing* is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The DNS-CT workshop is approved for 22.5 CEs.
*The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) is the parent organization to AADNS.
CEs are based upon actual attendance for the duration of the scheduled educational activity verified through sign-in reports. If a student must leave before the activity is scheduled to end or is late arriving, he/she will not receive full CE credit, however, partial credit may be awarded. Each attendee, based on attendance, will receive a CE certificate upon completion of the education activity. The final certification exams are not a requirement for claiming a CE certificate for the workshop.
AAPACN and the Training Partner are not responsible for any fees incurred due to cancellations or postponements. Attendee cancellations must be submitted in writing via email to workshops@AAPACN.org. Registrants who are unable to attend may send a substitute in their place. Cancellations received more than 30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund. Cancellations received 14-30 business days prior to the start date of the workshop will receive a full refund, minus a $250 processing fee paid to Training Partner. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received less than 13 business days prior to the start date of the workshop except for emergencies or a visit from State Surveyors. No refunds will be issued for cancelations due to weather if the workshop itself is not cancelled.
Commercial support provided to AAPACN or the Training Partner has in no way influenced or biased the content of the education activity. AAPACN does not endorse commercial products or services within the education program. No AAPACN Master Teacher has any conflicts of interest to disclose.