CMS Released the Five-Star Technical Users’ Guide
CMS released the Five-Star Technical Users’ Guide, finalizing how 10/1 MDS changes will impact Five-Star rating and Quality Measure (QM) calculations.
Substantial changes included in the MDS 3.0 version 1.18.11 resulted in several changes to the Five-Star rating system:
- 4 QMs impacted by the removal of Section G and transition to Section GG
- Updates to completion of forms CMS-671 and CMS-672
- Staffing star rating freeze for 1 quarter
- Conversion to PDPM case mix adjustment methodology for staffing star calculations
- Revision to staffing rating methodology, penalizing providers that fail to submit staffing data or submit erroneous data
With significant changes for SNFs in effect next week, partner with Celtic. Our associates provide end-to-end guidance for reimbursement, regulatory compliance, PDPM/MDS/CMI management, and quality improvement.
Contact us today to discuss your options.